Iceland Full Circle Independent Tour
On this route you’ll navigate Iceland’s legendary and scenic “Ring Road,” and traverse the magical Snæfellsnes Peninsula. Along the way, visit some of the country’s most spectacular natural attractions, including Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss and Goðafoss waterfalls and the lunar landscapes of Lake Mývatn, complete with craters and unearthly rock formations.
You’ll be provided with a detailed personal itinerary and your choice of car will include use of GPS, unlimited Wi-Fi and unlimited mileage. Luxury or comfort standard accommodation will be conveniently provided at every over-night stop along your route. A whole host of incredible activities, from whale-watching, to city sight-seeing to heli-tours can also be added to your adventure.
The Iceland Self-Drive Adventure Experience is offered as a recommended itinerary and can be changed and adapted as you like. This trip is suitable for single travellers, couples, groups and families.
Perfect for nature and wildlife lovers, adventure seekers, or those seeking once-in-a-lifetime experiences, this 10-day Iceland itinerary includes:
- Explore vibrant Reykjavik with its abundance of museums, restaurants and bars to suit all tastes
- Walk on a path in the rift valley between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates at Þingvellir National Park
- Visit Haukadalur geothermal area, where you can see Geysir—the original “geyser”
- Continue to Gullfoss waterfall and the old implosion crater of Kerið.
- Enjoy Skaftafell in the immense Vatnajökull National Park – a place of great natural beauty with many interesting hiking trails, including a short path to the beautiful Svartifoss waterfall
- “The Whale Watching Capital of Europe” at Húsavík
- Spend the night on Snæfellsnes Peninsula
- Experience the unique Snæfellsjökull National Park, with amazing birdlife, lush valleys and lava fields
Inspired to travel to Iceland and Europe? Our range of bespoke itineraries can be combined or tailored to your specifications. For more ideas check our Europe page or contact us directly with your requirements.
We offer luxury and comfort accommodation at each stage of your incredible Iceland journey.
Accommodations include luxury hotels and boutique hotels and guest-houses and bed & breakfasts in the more isolated areas.
Fly to Reykjavik-Keflavik (KEF), Iceland direct from the UK with:
Adding flights through Go Deep Travel also gives you the added security of ATOL protection on your entire holiday.
For your peace of mind all Go Deep Travel holidays are covered by the TTA’s 100% Financial Guarantee, whether or not they include flights.