Machu Picchu in Luxury & the Highlights of Peru
Peru boasts the most dramatic Andean peaks and finest regional cuisine, but the jewel in its crown is undoubtedly Machu Picchu, the legendary Inca ruins discovered high in the clouds. Famously reached by a multi-day trek, our tour gets you there in comfort and style as you wind your way through the Andean countryside aboard a luxury train.
Our Highlights of Peru Tour takes in the cultural and natural highlights of Peru, from the bustling capital city lying on the Pacific to the the shores of Lake Titicaca bordering Bolivia. Other attractions include modern cities such as Arequipa, beautiful Colca Canyon, cool beach towns, lively desert oases, and the lush Amazon Rainforest.
Your local guide will meet you upon arrival in Peru and you will be looked after you until your departure.
Perfect for nature and culture lovers, adventure seekers, or those seeking once-in-a-lifetime experiences, this 14-day Peru itinerary includes:
- Lima, on the Pacific coast is a metropolitan city of 10 million Peruvians – perfect for sampling the famed national cuisine.
- The Arequipa region is prime condor-spotting territory, with spectacular Andean peaks and the deepest canyons in the world.
- The gigantic Titicaca lake is half Peruvian, half Bolivian and lies at an altitude of between 4,000 and 6,000m above sea level.
- Cusco was the historic capital of the Inca Empire, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its elevation of over 11,000 feet allows visitors to acclimatize before setting of for Machu Picchu.
- Peru’s Amazon rainforest covers two-thirds of the national territory. Puerto Maldonado is an ideal frontier town to base your jungle exploration.
Inspired to travel to Peru and South America? Our range of bespoke itineraries can be combined or tailored to your specifications. For more ideas check our South America page or contact us directly with your requirements.
We offer luxury, mid-range and budget accommodation at each stage of your incredible Peru journey.
Accommodation options include Luxury Hotels, major Hotel chains, small boutique hotels, rainforest cabins, “glamping”, home-stays, etc.
Prices quoted are for minimum 3* accommodation but this can be tailored to your exact specifications.
Fly to Lima (LIM), Peru from the UK with:
Air Canada via Toronto (YYZ)
Iberia via Madrid (MAD)
KLM via Amsterdam (AMS)
Avianca via Bogota (BOG)
Adding flights through Go Deep Travel also gives you the added security of ATOL protection on your entire holiday.
For your peace of mind all Go Deep Travel holidays are covered by the TTA’s 100% Financial Guarantee, whether or not they include flights.